Thursday, January 29, 2015

Shell (Colour Story)

Shell (colour Story)
                


 The shell was a pearlescent blue. The same Shell I found almost a year ago, while walking along the tick, wooded river. Trying to cross its deep waters, I had fallen head first, and was swept down the rushing river. As I was washed down the river for what felt like hours, I hit almost every log, rock, and any type of debris that seemed to be in the lake. I was eventually thrown into the mud, but had no strength to get up. I laid there for hours in pain, and finally fell asleep. When I awoke, there was a shining blue and gold object in the mud, laying as if it wanted to be found. As I slowly, and painfully got up, I walked over to it and picked it up.


                  Here it is now in the golden country of Burma. The shell had made me realize that I had almost died before I had even gotten to do anything with my life. With the cold shell in my backpack, I have been traveling the world, and doing things I’d never thought I would have done a year ago. I feel like ever since I almost died, I have been alive. Visiting, India, Russia, Canada, China, Australia, Iceland, Burma, and so many more, I want to feel every experience I possibly can before I die.


This beautiful shell brought colour into my grey life, and opened my eyes to so much more in the world. Before it, I had never really known what I wanted to do with my life, but as soon as I found it, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. It is probably the best thing that has happened to me in my life, and I would never give it up for anything. As long as this shell still exists, I will keep traveling.


 

1 comment:

  1. Inspirational: "I want to feel every experience I possibly can before I die." I can see you and what you want out of life in this piece.

    ReplyDelete